Monday, September 27, 2004

A Whole Lotta' Spinnin Going On



The following is an email I sent to the Bill O'Reilly radio show. Maybe I am wrong, I don't think so......


Subj: A whole lotta spinning going on........
Date: 09/23/2004
To: oreilly@foxnews.com
I am a new listener to your radio program. I was really excited when I first started listening because I HATE mindless radio. I was glad you were not a mindless Bush supporter who only dished out Republican party spin. (At this point I should have also added, mindless Democratic party supporters who ALWAYS think they are smarter than everyone else, dishing out Kerry propaganda) I am a Republican but not mindless and I did not originally agree with the decision to invade Iraq and I had a whole host of reasons. I did decide however, to support the effort in the end for the men serving overseas.....Remember Vietnam. However, I am becoming more and more disenchanted with your show. The NO SPIN is beginning to sound really empty. I feel you have been doing a WHOLE LOT OF SPINNING for CBS and Dan Rather. Of course he should be fired. He got caught. He lied and did not do enough damage control. I don't care if he thought the general story was true. He helped confabulate a story based on his supposition. (Kids of politicians and or wealth in general ALWAYS have it easier in life whether it be to go to the right schools or get promoted, etc.) He is an insider, he would have known the reputation of the people he was dealing with. He was not interested in the truth. He just wanted to bring Bush down. Maybe at the expense of his career. Maybe not. I don't know if this is an example of everyday journalism and he is just not getting away with it this time or not. Please don't respond with Dan Rather would never...........that is crap and spin. I think you are selling out to the "establishment". You will lose your base audience if you are not careful. It is very apparent you are a Kerry supporter and that is fine. You just need to be careful of the SPIN FACTOR>I also feel you are losing valuable viewer input by making your email bill subscriber only........

Note:
Bill O'Reilly has since redeemed himself in my eyes. He is once again sounding balanced and fair, pointing out both good and bad on both sides of the aisle. It could be (couldn't it) that my anger at his defense of Dan Rather at all costs
colored my opinion and skewed my perspective.